8.28.2008

Enjoying Korea~!

The past two days have been pretty cool. I have no idea what I have been eating, but two of the dishes were super really spicy. One dish looked like it had eyeballs in it, but who knows... The greatest thing so far is just meeting all the new people. What's even greater is that we're all international students, and it's fun hearing all the accents people have when speaking English. I had no idea I'd actually also be putting my Mandarin and Cantonese into good use. Nate is also putting his German to good use, too. Sooo many German and Chinese people here~~~
The scenery is similar to Hong Kong... except the buildings are slightly shorter, I suppose. And the smell is pretty unique... Some places smell good because of all the food around... Other places smell like... butt. I haven't tried street food yet, but all of it looks super yummy.
I've also been enjoying the nightlife of Korea. I've stepped out of my comfort zone and went bar hopping with people I've already become attached to. Nate wasn't lying when he told me the main things people do here are dancin' and drinking. Nate is always at my side at night, so it's not too bad.... A PEACE buddy event was even held at Osamas where people drank and danced. I would never have thought a school organization would have an event with 100+ people going to a bar. No one is ever carded.
I start school on Monday. It will be nice learning how to read and write soon...

Hendrick, Linda, Daniel, Leslie, Nate, Meee, Melanie, Stacey
The Germans and the Half-Koreans
Lance, Amanda.... Three Chinese names I forgot... and meeee!
The PEACE Buddy Gathering
PEACE Buddy lunch after school tour... This is the only dish the restaurant had.
The ECC. The new place that was just constructed... Pretty sweet. Here there's restaurants, bakery, bank, gym, market, theatre... computer room... yeahh...
Cute kids at the daycare center next to my dorm.
Woo! I-House!!!
Daniel, Amanda, Linda, Lance, Nate, Me, Armstrong, Hendrick, Matias, Stacey!
Stacy and me @ a Chinese restuarant with a PEACE Buddy!
The ECC from the other side.
PEPSI! The cans are so elongated...
Train station... Also- a shortcut to the dorm
First thing I ate in Korea.... It was cooked in front of us...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw it's very pretty there...or from what your pictures it looks like it is lol. those kids are so cute haha. and the food looks good. that's so cool that you're getting an experience like this :) i'm glad that you and nate have made lots of friends already. that's always good. see, it wasn't as scary as you thought, huh? lol. i'm sure you'll do great on your first day! you should write a post about how it goes! love you and miss you!

Aug 28, 2008, 7:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm. why aren't any of those daycare kids wearing shoes?

Laina

Aug 29, 2008, 3:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous :P

Glad to see your having fun :D

Misss youuu!

Aug 29, 2008, 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home