8.23.2004

The horrors of swimming, PART II

Soon it will be too cold to swim, so I've been swimming as much as I can before it's all over. However, I don't think I'll be swimming again anytime soon. While I was sweeping up dead leaves from the pool, I picked up a mouse. A MOUSE. Naturally, I screamed and started running/swimming to my cousin who started to scream with me because she didn't know what was wrong. We stood at the opposite end of the pool takin' deep breaths and trying to figure out if I was hallucinating the mouse or not. A MOUSE. What the heck. I have never seen a wild mouse (not including the Phoenix Zoo). Ugh... Poor mouse. Soon after finding out there was truly a mouse floating in the pool, we got out. On the pool deck, I reached out and picked the mouse up with the net and just held the net not knowing what to do next. Right now, it's still on the net... on the ground.... outside.... next to the pool. That's the best I could do. Once again... ugh... poor mouse...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thomas- ROFL!! you dig a grave or throw it away... i think the digging grave is nice to it's dead body, but it's more work than just throwing it away

Aug 24, 2004, 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger The Almighty Connie said...

I was in the backyard, ya know, so there wasn't a trash can in sight... I was going to flick it over the wall... but then that's kinda gross if my next door neighbor sees it... or someone in the lil park area sees it...Digging it would have taken awhile. I did suggest it though, but my cousin just told me to put it down. When my dad came home, I told him... and he took care of it by throwing it away. He said there were a lot of ants on it, and my dad has bad eyes, so if he can see the ants, then there was DEFINITELY a lot of ants. Disgusting. I should have just buried it.

Aug 24, 2004, 8:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home