9.01.2008

First day at Ewha University~

First day was pretty grand. I just had a 2 hour and 45 minute Korean class (which I will have M-F). Tomorrow I'll also have a one hour and 15 minute class called "Personality Psychology" which I hope will be interesting. It's interesting learning a new alphabet and having to sound out everything one by one. For some reason, I feel Chinese is easier... nothing to sound out. Either you can read it or you don't! ha... But I guess I'm just used to that... Maybe I should treat the Korean words as Chinese symbols, but use the "alphabet" as assistance... Yes? Yes?

Yesterday, I hiked on Mt. Samgaksan with about 30 other international students. It was unexpectantly very strenuous. We basically hiked vertical for 1.5 hours to get 600m. There were a lot of old people doing it, so I kept up despite feeling uber tired. If ond people can do it, then... I should be able to do it, too, right? The view up top was spectacular. You can see the wide span of Seoul atop. The surrounding was Korea's nature at its best- luscious, green vegetation everywhere, large vibrant butterflies flying, and beautiful mountains.

After the hike, I took a little nappy... Afterwards, I went out with the Germans, Half-Koreans, and my full Korean to have some unbelievably delicious sushi that none in the States can even compare. Next was the visit to the Dr. Fish Cafe- where I ordered a strawberry smoothie, which I sipped in delight while I soaked my feet in a pool of water filled with tiny fish that ate my dead skin cells.... hahahaha.

It was a good night. And today has been a good day.

Today, in the international building, I saw panoramic poster of U of A thumb-tacked to a wall with other college brochures. I suddenly started to feel slightly homesick... Not really homesick, exactly... but... a part of me misses Phoenix and Tucson. It'll be okay. Three more great months ahead still. :)
@ Doctor Fish Cafe
My yummy T.N.T. sushi~
Yep. A whole store dedicated to condoms. Cute, huh.
Gorgeous mountain
View atop the mountain of Seoul
^__^
The boys got to start the hike first... So they waited for us.. That is, after finding a place that sold beer first... >_> What a great way to start a 5.7 mile hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home