9.07.2008

Norebang, Ocean World, and Hangang Park

Never would I have ever thought I would have so much fun at a norebang (a.k.a. karaoke). If you don't like singing in public, there is a simple cure. In my case, it's a long island iced tea. Actually, now that I know how thrilling norebang can be, I might not even need my long island anymore... Regardless, it was fun. I have no pitch, no rhythm, no voice. I'm basically tone deaf, but no one cares. :) I especially loved hearing Gym and Armstrong sing Guang Liang's Tong Hua to me. Hong Kongians have such beautiful singing voices. Bohemian Rhapsody, A Whole New World, My Heart Will Go On, and Barbie were probably the most hilarious and fun.Norebang pre-game...
The boys at their best.
Together we sing...

Ocean World was 2 hours by bus away... It's basically a water park. And the "Ocean World" name is quite deceiving. It was very Egyptian themed.. Not.. World themed... Also, instead of the lazy river, it's called the Extreme River. At first I laughed at the name... but when I got in the tube and floated down, I was very surprised to see the gushes of waves that came out of nowhere. I then understood why 1)we weren't allowed to sit on the tubes and 2) why it's called Extreme. There was also the Big Wave, which smooshed us at first because the girls and me were at the bottom of the wave , making the girls very close to losing their bottoms. I think Leslie will still go into 'panic mode' if she hears "DUN-DUHHHH~~" (The sound made before the big wave came).. But really...the Big Wave was really fun when you were on top of the wave... Not the bottom... Unless you're Daniel, where you'd be supposedly heavy enough so you wouldn't get tossed and flipped by the wave.
A pretty scenery on the way to Ocean World.

Nate fell over during this ride. What a dork, right?
Indoor area... mainly for kids...
Daniel, Leslie, and meeee

The Ocean World groupee.

Hangang Park was sooo pretty like every other nature spot in S. Korea. I love seeing green everywhere (but I don't love having tons of mosquito bites right now...) Not much to say, simply standing on a bridge over the river... and just looking out... and the scenery... just beautiful.

My Peace Buddy and me~
Cute wittle caterpillar
Gym and Armstrong
Mul!
An unexpected surprise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. McMurray said...

Hey there. I JUST read all of your comments. I had no idea there were even any in there. Thanks for commenting! I will read them more now. I like the picture of you in your vest with your silly face.

Sep 10, 2008, 11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home