9.13.2008

Exhausted from all the walking...

Every night I fall asleep immediately and wake up still feeling unrested. The beds aren't very cushiony, and I don't really have a thick cuddly blanket to snuggle into while sleeping... There is also a lack of stuffed animals in my room... so no snuggling those either. It's okay. I hardly ever wake up mid-sleep. It's almost magical, the feeling of blinking and all of a sudden the sun is shining through the blinds...

What a bad kind of magic...

Besides my lack of energy, everything else has been fine. Tomorrow is Chuseok, which is like a Korean Thanksgiving. I will be hanging out with Nate's aunts this weekend. They don't know any English, so I'm just going to smile and say "ne" (yes) a lot.

Yesterday was very awesome... like all the other Friday nights. I went to a bar with the French and Americans, watched Nate get pressured by the French into taking shots, then went to Hongdae to check out the Ice Bar, which is a bar with ice everywhere... The bar, walls, and alcohol glasses were all made of ice... Needless to say, it was freezing in there. After enduring the cold for 30 minutes or so, we ventured off to S Club, where foreigners got in for free! It was pretty sweet, but there were a lot of creepy guys there trying to hit on the girls. I had my Nathan, so I was okay. All the girls actually watched over one another. Plus, we also had our Germans and French present, also. It was a long but fun night.

Today... I went to the COEX Mall with Nate. It's the largest basement mall in Asia, according to Nate. There were a lot of stores with cute little items in them... but it seems that everything was over priced. I'm ready to shop on the streets. I can't wait for Nate's mom to get here and help me bargain....

Random thing I saw on the streets...
Me, Klaudia, Tabby, Linda, Amanda, Melanie, Leslie, and Stacey
-ready to go out-
The French guys and Nate
Icebar Sub-Zero!
Linda, Amanda, Me, Tabby, Nathan, Stacy, and Thomas
Warmth <3

The bar... all made out of ice...
Me drinking out my my ice drink
Frozen pee from people who stayed in the icebar for many many many hours
Warmest position.

S Club... Way too smoke in there, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home