9.19.2008

Chuseok Holiday and just whatever.

September 14th was the Chuseok holiday weekend. It's similar to Thanksgiving where families come together and eat a bountiful amount of food. It's also a day to remember your ancestors, those who passed on, and those who are still with us. I followed Nathan and visited two of his aunts/uncles/cousins. They were all very kind. Despite the language barrier, I still enjoyed myself. How can I resist delicious traditional homemade Korean food? The first family that we visited had two tiny really adorable doggies. I wanted to snuggle with them the whole time, but they were scared of me. :( The second family we visited didn't have any pets, but I met two of Nate's second cousins. The boy was paid off to give me a gift. It was cute and awkward because he was shy. haha. Inside the gift bag were two things to go on my head. They also matched the butterfly earrings that the first aunt also gave to me as a gift... I'm glad to feel accepted by his family. His uncle was telling us how we were good for each other. lol. The next time I will see his family will probably be a month later when I go with Nate to celebrate his dad's 70th birthday. :)

School is still going... I'm started to understand how the Korean sentence structure works... But it's so complicated that I have trouble remembering how to make the sentences... There are too many extra syllables and such... You also have to conjugate verbs and, of course, there are also irregular verbs. I'm just still glad that I learned how to read Korean... There are quite a few Korean words that were borrowed from the English language, so if you sound out the words correctly, you can sometimes guess what it means since it sounds like the english. Such as... "co-pee".. and "coffee." I've made a few things in my ceramics class, too... I'm trying to stick to a bunny theme... I miss my bunny so much. Today when I was walking around Myundaemun, I saw 3 baby bunnies that just fit in the palm of my hand. They were uber adorable. I really wanted to just buy all of them and hide them in my room.... I just don't know what I would do with them when I leave...

Things are still going well. It doesn't feel as amazing waking up anymore, which simply means that I'm used to being in Korea. I've now been here for nearly a full month. Time has definitely flown by.
Nearly empty streets because of Chuseok. Very weird to see. Cute doggies...
Nate's family
My hair accessories!
Me and a cute bunny that I wanted to get...
Inside Pizza Hut. Yes. Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut: Cabonara Pasta
Pizza Hut: Potato pizza... also has corn, bacon, and green pepper topping. So de-leesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home