10.07.2008

More on Korea...

Sept. 13... COEX mall... The largest basement mall... The COEX Mall was underneath... this building...

The entrance of a movie theatre...
I thought Lianne would like this...

Sept. 20--- Going to see ballet with Nate's family The building of the Arts Center where I saw his cousin's wife dance ballet. Korean ballet is really freaky... Just like their scary movies.
Us.
Nate's cousins... aunt... me... and him...
Nathan and me <3>
Sept. 24- Trying out the Take-Out Cocktail & Concert at my school...The Concert...at the grassy field near the front entrance of my school..To go alcohol.... Smart, right?
Stacey, Hendrick, and meee with our togo drinks...

September 26- Mexican fooooood and norebanggggg"Chimichangas".... Arizona does it better.... wayyy better...
Nachoooss...
I cut out those bunnies with a Daniel's pocket knife. And then I had Daniel glue my masterpieces on his bookshelf. :] heheheheee~~~
Norebang at Luxury.... Such a nice Karaoke place... with free icecream~
The boys were singing "Can't Touch This"-MC Hammer

September 27-- Weekend to Dejeun... also went to the zooo!!!!!Train to go to Dejeun to visit Nate's family. 2 hours away from Seoul on the crappy train. 50 min on the KTX. This is a pic of the crappy train. His cousin bought us a ticket on the KTX back to Seoul... Double the price... ~$21/person... His family was realllyyyyy nice....

Overlooking Dejeun
-----
Dejeun zoo... Just some animals... It was really cool. You get to get reallllyy close to the animals because of the wall in between... and the animals like getting close to the glass because I guess they are used to people feeding them if they get close... very cool, eh?
THEY MOVE!!!
So manyyy!!
They were huge...
So close...
The safari bus we took to see the other animals...Bears... waiting for food... They just all came up... It was cool...
TIGERS!!!
So many lions... I have never seen so many lions at once before...!! There were a lot more too... Just walking around/resting around the safari bus.
Antelope!!! Walking past us!!
Mmm... Eggs and bacon... It's made a bit different... I miss this though... It was almost American.
The doggie is just too cute... so pudgy... It's just a year old...
Nate's cousin's wife did my nails :)
hahah.. doggie so cute... Nate's cousin's and the wife's doggie...
Outback Steakhouse has seafood quesadillas... Which was absolutely de-leesh.
October 2: Around Campus... and Ala visits!
I never realized how beautiful my campus is... It's so green right now, but autumn is coming and I can already see the leaves start to turn vibrant red, orange, and yellow. I've never experienced foliage before... It's going to be beautiful!
The cafeteria food looks gourmet... I'll have more pics of food and other cafeterias around campus when I remember to take pics.
Ala visited from Taiwan to get her visa fixed... in Korea... haha... So we had a pretty awesome time... I showed her the nightlife... drinking and noraebang!
Yay! Trees.. and buildings.. I see a few red leaves... I'll upload more pics later... There are a lot more foliage now.. though not completely.
Looking out to the city... Just a bunch of restaurants and shopping places right outside my campus...
Above the ECC... see the cool stairs leading down? My campus has a lot of trees everywhere. Great place for bugs.
One of the newer student cafeterias at my school...
Yummy cafeteria food... for less than $4.80. It's a rice omlette... with corn and creamy white sauce that needed a little more salt... There's crab on top of the rice omlette... It was delicious.
Random gardens at my campus.... free food?

Out to show Ala the nightlife in S. Korea... At the Blue Monkey bar... taking the Blue Monkey shot. It makes your throat and ears burn...

October 3: Korean Folk Village in Yongin, GyeongGi-Do
Approximate 50 international students and 20 something PEACE buddies made a trip the the Folk Village!!! We spent a night at the hostel nearby. The village just replicated how the Korean towns looked in the ancient days... There were shows like horseback riding and archery, seesaw performance, tight rope performance, and a traditional wedding ceremony. At night, we played a lot of fun kiddish Korean games/ drinking games without the drinks... like "Do you love my neighbor," "Bang Bang Bong," "3, 6, 9," "Mafia," and this murder winking game. The punishment if you lose is that you have to sing or dance in front of the crowd. Haha...
The room... The floors were heated, which was incredibly uncomfortable . I was burning... What kind of hostel has enough money to make heated floors >__<Yep. Kids climbing on the basketball arcade.
Within the Folk Village
Semi-gross cold buckwheat noodles.
Korean policeman...
Felix, me, Nate, Armstrong, and Peace Buddy Jihyun and Da Sol
Beautiful scenery
Yay swing!
Nathan and me~~
October 4thWatched fireworks for an hour near the Han River... for the Fireworks Festival...
Ala drinking "ko-jeem-kang-leh" No pain, no gain. Two shot classes placed inside the one cup... A shot of coke at the bottom, a shot of soju at the top, and beer filling in the rest of the glass.
Having some Korean BBQ!
That's right. Hong's Bar!
Yummy jeem-dak
Yummy ice cream that you squeeze out... It took us a long time to find coffee & cookies n creme flavors
So many toys and dangling things!!!
Beware of perverts.
Ala and me... before she had to go... and take a plane back to Taiwan the next day. :(
Generators that would randomly make sounds like a car starting. I can't get over it. It makes me laugh wayyy tooo much.

2 Comments:

Blogger LainaEeyore said...

holy crap that was a loooooong post. I love your nails!! Was it just polish or fake or like salon done? ummm....I'm trying to remember all the pictures...That stuffed animal place was cool. oh right. Isn't alcohol always to go? Like....I don't ever need to get a to go box for it. I want to see all those animals!! You are doing so many cool things. And I'm just here...in phoenix going to work and rearranging my place..That waterfall is very pretty. And your clothes are getting cuter!! You are going to be like Lena. I told you!

Oct 8, 2008, 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I had a lot of comments, but now all I can remember is that sign; was there seriously a beware of perverts sign?? It made me laugh.

By the way, you took some really good pictures! Very pretty.

Oct 24, 2008, 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home