11.30.2008

More eventful days in Seoul~!

I've probably eaten and done 2x more things this past week than I have done the past... few weeks. I'm so exhausted... But content and fulfilled. My time in school will be coming to an end in a little over 2 weeks, which now that I think of it... is slightly depressing. But I do look forward to some Chipotle when I return. ^^

November 11- Peppero Day!!!
Peppero Day is just another day to make people needlessly spend money... and it worked! I bought my Nathan some Peppero Sticks and doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts. And he got me a cute basket of Peppero-like goodies. I also got Daniel and Felix a nice box of Almond Peppero Sticks and Daniel got me some yummy Peppero Sticks, too. ^^
Peppero Day represents (11/11). The many one's represent all peppero candy sticks (very similar to Japan's Pocky sticks). Supposedly some girls started it by giving it to her friends to represent staying skinny or some superficial thing like that. Nonetheless, I ate my first batch of Peppero sticks at this day... and ever since then, I have had my cravings for more chocolate.My haul. ^^
His haul. ^^

November 13- Happy 22nd Month! hehe, yep. We're still counting!
To celebrate, we went out to a delicious Taiwanese Restaurant that is acutally located all over the world. We had some savory steamed dumplings that melted in your mouth and at the same time burned it with all of its juicyness. We also shared a the traditional Beef Noodle Soup, which was delcious, but still had an interesting flavor. It was missing the Chinese ingredient that makes Chinese food Chinese... difficult to explain, but Nate knows what I'm talking about, at least. I think it's just the copious amount of oil that's missing...

A place just nearby the Taiwanese restaurant in Myeong-dong. Pretty water fountain lights!
After dinner, we went to the famous Donought Planet. The chef for Donought Plant versed Food TV's Bobby Flay for the food throwdown.... I still think Krispy Kremes is better. >< I can't wait to see this movie, especially since I've been hearing good reviews for it. It is very difficult for me to imagine this as a movie since the novel basically makes you fantasize about the most ____ guy ever. I can't even think of what the "____" could be... It's just that... awesome. Anyhow. In Korean... under the title "Twilight" it says " Tu-wa-il-la-eet" If you say it fast enough.. You'll see the humor in it. Notice the poster next to it.. YAY- SAW V. I also can't wait to watch this movie... Although my stomach for this type of movie is getting weaker... I hope I can still handle it.
Yay! My rolemodel!! Hongy, do you recognize the girl? ^^

November 15- Noryangjin Fish Martket and Suwon and South Korea: Hwaseong (Brilliant) Fortress
Sleeping at 12am... I woke up two hours later to follow Nathan and my friendly Germans to the Fishery because they wanted to see the fresh fish being auctioned off... The auction is from 2am-5am... which is basically the whole time we were there. While we were there, we also bought our very own red snapper for 40,000won (about $35US) split between the 5 of us. It was rare, which I was at first skeptical about... but after my first chewy slice, I was up for more. After this day, I have found a new appreciation for eating raw fish. If you couldn't tell... Nathan and I were pretty damn exhausted.
The Germans were tipsy and exhausted because right before going to the fish market, they went to a bar... I like the Germans. ^^ It was funny watching Mattias (the middle guy) squirm as he forced himself to eat the freshly killed fish. I didn't watch them kill the poor red snapper, but Hendrick (the left guy) decided it would be funny to video tape it with his digital camera and show it to me as I was eating the fish. Supa NOT cool.
Gigantic tentacles. Serious.y.
The auction! I'm pretty sure my shoes were soaked because I stepped in many puddles of fish water... and bloodyness... There were fishes in tubs without water and fishes that were stabbed and still struggling. I'm not going to lie, it was really difficult for me to see... And a bit of sadness overwhelmed me... but this goes on daily and there's nothing to do about it. It's life, and I ate the fish....
Later that dayyyyyy... after taking another 3 hour nap... I went with Nate to the Hwaseong Fortress which was about 1 hour and 30 minutes away by Subway. For lunch, we went to Omuto Tomato.
This was my chili omlette rice...
And this was Nate's German Sausage Omlette Rice... looks like a turd. ><
At the Hwaseong Fortress. We walked around it for about 3 good hours while it rained. The rain was a nice added touch the eerieness of the FORTRESS.
According to wikipedia.com: Hwaseong (Brilliant Fortress) is the wall surrounding the center of Suwon, South Korea. It was built between 1794 and 1796 by King Jeongjo of the Joseon Dynasty to honor and house the remains of his father Prince Sado, who was supposedly schizophrenic and was forced to commit suicide by being locked alive inside a rice chest by his own father King Yeongjo. ---Interesting...

Not really part of the fortress (I don't think...) but it was cool looking. The lights are from cars... The structure was basically in the middle of the circly road..



1 Comments:

Blogger Hongman said...

rofl ... your role model, huh? hah

awesome pics ... that chili omelette rice thing looks too good.

Dec 2, 2008, 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home