11.20.2008

It's 아주 아주 cold in Seoul! --supaaa suppaaa cold!

Today it snowed!!! Well... slightly. It didn't snow long enough to make any nice fluffy piles. It basically immediately melted upon touching the surface of Earth. :( I looked out the balcony of the dorm and saw flakes like... 2 inches big!!! So I immediately finished my short psych discussion paper about Behaviorists and went outside.... only to be met with rain drops. :( No more flakes.

Mommy and daddy toured a few days in S. Korea this weekend. They didn't enjoy it as much as their tour in China... But that's no surprise, really. I looked at their itinerary and even told them they'd be bored. I wish they just let me take them places... instead of lame museums about phonographs and boats. The tour guide also took them to crappy restaurants... so they don't have a very good impression of Korean food (which is absolutely delicious... more pictures of food later!) Yeahhhh... But on their last night, I was able to drag them to visit my school and dorm... while they wanted to be enthusiastic, it was just too cold outside.. Probably like 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I wanted them to walk over to Sinchon and eat some delicious Kalbi, but no go for them. Both were too exhausted and beat from the vicious cold winds. I had them take a taxi back to their hotel... Now they are in Hong Kong.. and then China to visit the family... I wish I could visit the family, too... But the airplane ticket is wayy too much... Even though I'm somewhat close to Hong Kong, the plane tickets still costs a ridiculous amount of approx $700-800US. No, thanks...

Preston is coming tonight!!! I'm really excited~ It's Nathan and my turn to show him around just like how he showed us around in Taiwan! I hope he'll have a better experience than my parents since he will be with us. :)

Side dishes at any restaurant usually include just kimchee and picked radishes (daikon). But this place also had some salad... noodles... roots... mushroom with veggies... and other things I cannot identify. Side dishes are also (at least all the places where I have gone to...) unlimited~. At this one place that has spam as their side dish, I usually just get full off the side dishes. Spam just isn't the same here, though. Oh, what I would do to go for some super salty spam.... and a chipotle burrito... and mashed potatoes... and good hot chocolate... yep...
Some stir-fried noodles at a Japanese restaurant. It was okay... I don't like the light brown stuff on top. They are so thin that the steam from the food moves them and it reminds me of crickets.
Nate's dish at the Japanese restaurant. Tonkatsu with cheese on top. I'm all in favor of more cheese dishes here... But cheese dishes are more expensive... :( And if it's a cheap dish, then the cheese is just not good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hongman said...

wow ... that cold huh. sucks to hear mom/dad didnt have much fun in s.korea.

food looks delish...

Nov 20, 2008, 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home